JOB TITLE: Scale Clerk
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for efficiently weighing trucks leaving the quarry while providing courteous customer service to internal and external customers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Production Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Weigh trucks departing from the quarry. Provide accurate and efficient information for customer billing. Site housekeeping as needed.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Light physical requirements: full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and bending over for extended periods of time. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds. Requires correct vision and hearing within normal range. This is a safety sensitive position.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Possible exposure to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, cold, noise and other conditions common to a construction site. Irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays may be required for contractual obligations.
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities:
• Computer knowledge required
• Knowledge of SMS Turbo software a plus
• Self-motivated and able to work alone
• Flexibility to potentially work 6 days a week and overtime in high season
• Knowledge of safety rules for construction sites and the ability to abide by them
• Excellent customer service skills
• Certification preferred, but not required
• Attention to detail a must
• Regular and punctual attendance required
• Bilingual helpful, but not required
EDUCATION: High School or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1 Year construction experience helpful.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Valid and active driver’s license REQUIRED. Weigher certification helpful.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Experience within this job description is preferred, but may not be required.
Starting Salary Range: $16.00/hr - $18.00/hr depending on experience