JOB TITLE: ASPHALT / AGGREGATE QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs general skilled or unskilled construction related activities for quarry and field products.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to supervisor or project superintendent.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS Requires full range of body motion including handling and operating various hand and power tools, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and bending over for extended periods of time. Requires reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting. Often requires lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 80 pounds. Sometimes requires working at heights. Requires correct vision and hearing within normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, cold, noise and other conditions common to a construction site. Irregular hours, nights, weekends, swing shifts and holidays may be required for contractual obligations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This may not include all of the duties assigned)
1. Monitors and tests for quarry rock crushing and sorting process.
2. Monitors and tests for hot asphalt operation.
3. Samples aggregates and asphalts.
4. Performs laboratory and field tests, and related work as required.
5. Understands and uses arithmetic including fractions and decimals, and has clean legible handwriting.
6. Completes light data entry, computer use required.
7. Learns, knows, and understands Colorado Procedures (CP’s) and AASHTO.
8. Willingness to cross train, and task train when needed
9. Communicates with production plants, and field representatives including but not limited to superintendents, CDOT, owners assurance, and process control.
10. Maintains a clean workspace.
11. Knows, understands and follows the rules and regulations of the Company “Employee Safety Policy and Handbook.”
12. Performs other duties as required.
13. Heavy lifting of up to 90 lbs required several times daily
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (all skills will be taught):
Knowledge relative to all field and lab procedures.
Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools, including but not limited to hand shovel, pick, construction bar, rake, broom, and other hand-held power tools. Knowledge of safety rules for construction sites and the ability to abide by them. Attention to detail.
EXPERIENCE: 1 Year construction experience helpful.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Valid and active driver’s license required.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Experience within this job description is preferred, but may not be required.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Please read this job description carefully and ask someone for help if you have any difficulty understanding the functions of this job. Please describe any accommodations that you need in order to perform this job. (If none, please state “NONE”.)