JOB TITLE: Heavy Equipment Operator
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Operates and maintains various types of earth moving, paving and general construction equipment.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Project Superintendent and/or coordinator and/or Vice President of Operations.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and operating levers or controls,climbing, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires use foot-controlled pedals. Requires sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds. Sometimes requires working at heights. Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal range.Requires workings under stressful condition.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITION: Frequent exposure to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, cold, noise vibration and other conditions common to a construction site. Contractual obligations may require irregular hours, out-of-town work, overnight stays, nights, weekends and holidays.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Reads and sets elevations and grades.
- Distinguishes between properties, types and moisture content of soils.
- Performs preventive maintenance and inspections.
- Operates various types of ditching, trenching, hoisting, earth-moving and miscellaneous construction equipment (or asphalt paving machines and equipment).
- Starts, warms up, checks controls and shuts down machines.
- Knows, understands and follows the rules and regulations of the company "Employee Safety Policy and Handbook."
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools, including but not limited to hand shovel, pick construction bar, rake, broom and other hand-held power tools. Knowledge of safety rules for construction sites and the ability to abide by them.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience may be required.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Valid and active commercial driver license (CDL) with hazardous materials is preferred but may not be required.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Construction Experience within this job description and a commercial, active and valid commercial driver license (CDL) with endorsement is preferred but may not be required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.