JOB TITLE: Project Superintendent - APC Southern
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Project Superintendent is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of civil and highway construction projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Project Superintendent reports directly to the Vice President.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises members of the crew on their work project.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally may require the ability to operate various types of construction equipment. Requires correct vision and hearing within normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions. This is a safety sensitive position.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, cold, noise and other conditions common to construction site. May require irregular hours, out-of-town work, overnight stays, nights, weekends, and holidays. Regular and on-time attendance is required. Travel to out-of-town jobsites from Sunday night to Friday night is the weekly norm.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Plans and implements projects
- Helps define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Defines tasks and required resources
- Manages project team
- Identifies and resolves issues and risks
- Manages budget
- Performs site layout
- Allocates project resources
- Creates schedule and project timeline
- Tracks deliverables
- Supports and directs team
- Communicates performance expectations to project personnel
- Leads quality assurance
- Monitors and reports on project progress
- Presents reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implements and manages change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluates and assesses result of project
- Knows, understands, and follows the rules and regulations of the Company “Employee Safety Policy and Handbook.”
- Performs related work as required.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Tolerance to stress
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS or equivalent desired but not required
- Previous road construction or heavy civil required
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
- Analytical and strong organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability
- Knowledge of techniques and tools
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Valid and active driver license required.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Experience within this job description is preferred, but may not be required.