GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs general skilled or unskilled construction related activities. Understands duties Equipment Mechanic and *Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Maintain, diagnosis and reports a variety of equipment, heavy machinery, and vehicles.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to supervisor or project superintendent.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and operating various hand and power tools, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and bending over for extended periods of time. Requires reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting. Often requires lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 120 pounds. Sometimes requires working at heights. Requires correct vision and hearing within normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, cold, noise and other conditions coming to construction site. Contractual obligations may require irregular hours, out-of-town work, overnight stays, nights, weekends, and holidays.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This may not include all of the duties assigned)
1. Service light and heavy-duty trucks and all types of construction equipment.
2. Maintain necessary reports and records.
3. Diagnoses and repair engines, transmissions, components, electrical and fuel systems, etc for powered and rolling equipment such as cars, trucks, paving equipment and generators.
4. Performs tune ups, brake jobs and other preventative maintenance on cars, trucks, and other powered rolling equipment; replaces common parts and makes adjustments.
5. Basic knowledge on designs, welds and fabrication.
6. Knowledge of diesel and fuel engine maintenance and repair.
7. Ability to diagnose mechanical problems, perform repairs independently, operate equipment and tools involved in vehicle repair
8. Know and understand, as well as follow, the rules and regulations of the Company “Employee Safety Policy and Handbook.”
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Understands modern principles, practices, equipment, materials and tools used in the servicing and maintenance and repair of equipment. Knowledge of gasoline and diesel powered engines and their proper operation. Ability to follow safety regulations and precautions pertaining to mechanical services. Work safe with proper use of assigned equipment and tools.
*Heavy Equipment Mechanic- must be able to performed skilled work involved in the mechanical servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment, heavy construction equipment and other equipment. Duties as listed.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year may be required
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Valid and active driver’s license may be required.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Experience within this job description may be vial but not required.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Please read this job description carefully and ask someone for help if you have any difficulty understanding the functions of this job. Please describe any accommodations that you need in order to perform this job. (If none, please state “NONE”.)