GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Operates various types and sizes of straight trucks, tractors, trailers, on-and off-highway, according to local, state, federal and company regulations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Transportation Department Management Personnel.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and operating levers or controls, clambing, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires use of foot-controlled pedals and sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally require pushing, pulling; and shoveling of and carrying items weighing up to 60 pounds of weight and pressure. Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal range and medical requirements as defined by DOT/CDL and medical provider.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITION: Frequent exposure to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, cold, noise vibration and other conditions common to a construction site.Contractual obligations may require irregular hours,out-of-town work,overnight stays,nights,weekends, and holidays.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Perform pre-and post-trip inspections.
- Prepare documents, reports as required.
- Operate and may fuel vehicle(s).
- Perform minor adjustments and maintenance.
- Secure equipment and loads.
- Monitor loads.
- Know, understand and follow all city, country, state, DOT/CDL and company Health and Safety Guideline Handbook, Rules and Regulations.
- Performs related work as required.
- Keep truck and trailer bed(s) clean.
- Driver(s) with the Alpine Rock Co. are to keep the concrete mixing truck drums clean.
- Keep the vehicle free from debris which may fall off and damage other vehicles on streets and highways.
Ability to drive/operate and maintain applicable vehicle. Ability to successful maneuver vehicle forward and backward. Knowledge and ability to maintain and perform all paperwork in accordance with Federal, State and/or Company requirements. Basic reading, writing and simple math skills.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent may be required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years experience may be required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Valid and active driver's license, including an authorized and current eligible physical examination verification card, long-form medical, from/of The Department of Transportation. Endorsement for doubles/triples/hazardous materials, may be advantageous, but not required.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Driver applicants must be 100% complete to be accepted by APC, including 10 year work history.