JOB TITLE: CDL Driver
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Operates various types and sizes of straight trucks, tractors, trailers, on-and off-highway, according to local, state, federal and company regulations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Transportation Department Management Personnel.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and operating levers or controls, climbing, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires use of foot-controlled pedals and sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally requires pushing, pulling, and shoveling of and carrying items weighing up to 60 pounds of weight and pressure. Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal range and medical requirements as defined by DOT/CDL and medical provider.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITION: Frequent exposure to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, cold, noise vibration and other conditions common to a construction site.Contractual obligations may require irregular hours,out-of-town work,overnight stays,nights,weekends, and holidays.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Perform pre-and post-trip inspections.
- Prepare documents, reports as required.
- Operate and may fuel vehicle(s).
- Perform minor adjustments and maintenance.
- Monitor and Secure equipment and loads.
- Know, understand and follow all city, county, state, and DOT/CDL rules and regulations, including those in the company "Employee Safety Policy and Handbook."
- Performs related work as required.
- Keep truck and trailer bed(s) clean.
- Keep the vehicle free from debris which may fall off and damage other vehicles on streets and highways.
Ability to drive/operate and maintain applicable vehicle. Ability to successfully maneuver vehicle forward and backward. Knowledge and ability to maintain and perform all paperwork in accordance with Federal, State and/or Company requirements. Basic reading, writing and simple math skills.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent may be required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years experience may be required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Valid and active driver's license, including an authorized and current eligible physical examination verification card, and long-form medical, as required by The Department of Transportation. Endorsement for doubles/triples/hazardous materials, may be advantageous, but not required.
ADDITION TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Driver applications must be 100% complete to be accepted by APC, and must include 10 years of work history.